Sunday, 9 March 2014

Week 8: Second Time's the Charm

This week was mostly spent on the concept of trees using lists and linked lists. Linked lists are lists which have two components to them; the value, as well as the remaining list. These lists are useful as we are able to create them and use recursion to greatly reduce the amount of code needed and create unique data structures such as trees. This knowledge was helpful during our second assignment as knowledge of linked lists and trees were essential to completing the assignment about regular expressions in python. Through many struggles I had during the assignment as I was unsure of what the assignment was looking for in it's description, I was able to arrive at an end product that I was proud of and believed to fit the criteria for the assignment. Course resources such as the annotated slides, python code examples as well as the discussion board Piazza was very helpful as many individuals such as myself had difficulties grasping the criteria for the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment