Sunday, 9 February 2014

Week 5: The Method in a Method

Recursion is a concept of programming that I only skimmed over during my career as a high school student, and this week taught me many insights and techniques as well as the fundamentals of using recursion in programs. I have always had difficulties with understanding and tracing recursion as I had no idea where to start and how the programs actually handled such method calls. Through these lectures and the lab this week, I can say that my knowledge and understanding of recursion has increased exponentially as my TA gave me great insight on the significance of using base cases as well as using the methods of tracing recursions taught in the lectures and reviewed in the lab. I feel that the knowledge I have obtained over these few classes and labs need to be polished and refined more and that these skills I now have will be very beneficial for me in my first assignment involving recursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment